Tuesday 13 January 2009

Hitler who??!?


So, we're standing in the Yard, all tacked up & ready to ride out & I'm chatting to a friend before we head off. She has a gorgeous young black Labrador who she's doing all manner of work & training with. And she's telling me that she has taken him to see an animal behaviourologist.....for her to establish herself as leader of the pack she has to be all calm and unstressed & whatnot. "I'm usually quite a big person" she says, moving her arms in a large circle "and very loud and noisy. So he tells me to model myself on calm and serene and commanding people. And then I got it! I visualise 2 people who just command power....every time he [the dog] is naughty or panics me I just think of Hitler and the Queen Mother". ........ For a second I felt slightly odd. Did she just say Hitler??? In the same breath as the Queen Mother??!? What the??!?!?!?!?!?

It has to be one of the more surreal moments of my recent life!........

No comments:

Post a Comment